Custom Search
Custom Search

The fortune teller

sâmbătă, 10 decembrie 2011

The fortune teller lay in wait for her next..client as she so readily called them while I called them victims. She smiled, nodded and offered a free snippet of their future. So many came willing to hear the truth, the sadness, tales of impending love or riches to come. Little did they know she was just a pretty young girl that weave a fantastic tale..or so I thought.
It was my job to keep her safe from those who might become angry when things didn't quite pan out. I was the muscle, so to speak. After one very long day with only two crazies, she grabbed her temple and began to rub. I comforted her because truly, I was mighty attracted to this girl. She had come to us by way of running away from home  which was per the usual in the circus life.
"Are you okay Starr?" I asked. She groaned and nodded slightly then collapsed in my arms. My biceps bulged as I carried her to her trailer and lay her gently on the bed. Fetching a cloth, I wet it with cold water and placed it gingerly on her forehead. My worried eyes furrowed in a frown. I wanted her to be okay. I wanted to..kiss her, really that's what I wanted more than anything but alas, she didn't want me, I was sure of that. I was nothing handsome just an ordinary ex football player who flunked out of college. Sure, the women found me attractive but I wasn't the brightest bulb in the lot, what did I have to offer?
She moaned and began to mouth something although I coudln't make out what it might be.Suddenly, she bolted straight up. Her plump, red lips screamed then fell silent when her cerulean blue eyes looked at me.
"Oh..Shane, you must be careful tomorrow," she was sweating, pale and her breathing was incredibly rapid.
"I will, you rest," I told her. As I put my hand on her shoulder to lay her down, she grabbed it and held tight.
"I'm not kidding! I've had a vision, a man will come with a gun. He will point it at me and accuse me of lying, he said.." she strained to remember then snapped her head up, "he said I didn't tell him she was cheating. He pointed the gun at me but you," she swallowed hard, "you jumped in between and he killed you." Her eyes brimmed with tears. Did she care for me or was she just scared? I couldn't tell but I had to have answers.
"Did..did you have someone like that recently?"
She gulped and nodded, "Yes, and I knew she was cheating but I said nothing. He caught her, I'm sure of it," she said in a whisper. Throwing her arms around my neck, she began to cry. At first, I did nothing. Slowly, I put my arms around her and stroked her long, wavy and thick blond hair. I told her everything would be fine and not to worry. She smelled of roses and sunshine, if sunshine had a smell that is.
After calming her, I went to my trailer which was adjacent to hers. I decided tomorrow I would be extra cautious. She was nervous all day, fidgeting and stuttering to the point of not being able to finish at times. I pulled her aside and told her we could stop for the day but she said no, she was fine. Soon after lunch, he came and she was right, he had a gun. Although I didn't see the gun at first, I knew it was there because of her warning. Sidling up behind him, I pointed a finger in his back and told him I had a weapon, to keep walking. The man was frightened enough that he did as I said, I disarmed him and sent him away with the warning that if he ever returned, his gun would be his end.

The day ended and she was overwhelmed with relief and fatigue. Upon arriving at her trailer, she turned and smiled.
"Something else?" I asked with a grin. She nodded, grabbed me and kissed me passionately. I was so taken aback, I did nothing but then, I responded as I had wanted to for so many long months. When she pulled away, I was breathless.
"Was that a vision too?" I asked.
She nodded no,"That's my dream," and the rest they say, is history...or is it the future?

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu

During the 19th and 20th century, methods of divination from non-Western cultures, such as the I Ching, were also adopted as methods of fortune-telling in western popular culture. An example of divination or fortune-telling as purely an item of pop culture, with little or no vestiges of belief in the occult, would be theMagic 8-Ball sold as a toy by Mattel, or Paul II, a cephalopod of the Sea Life Aquarium at Oberhausen used to predict the outcome of matches played by the German national football team.[1]

There is opposition against fortune-telling, in Christianity and Judaism, based on biblical prohibitions against divination


Methods

Common methods used for fortune telling in Europe and the Americas include astromancy, horary astrology, pendulum reading, spirit board reading,tasseography (reading tea leaves in a cup), cartomancy (fortune telling with cards), tarot reading, crystallomancy (reading of a crystal sphere),lithomancy (reading of stones or gems), and chiromancy (palmistry, reading of the palms). The last three have traditional associations in the popular mind with the Roma and Sinti people (often called "gypsies").

Another form of fortune-telling, sometimes called "reading" or "spiritual consultation", does not rely on specific devices or methods, but rather the practitioner gives the client advice and predictions which are said to have come from spirits or in visions.

Chart of the hand